Event Delivery Driver / Installer
JOIN THE FAMILY
EVERYTHING WE DO IS DESIGNED TO CREATE MOMENTS OF WOW
Established for over 19 years, EPH Creative is one of the UK’s leading event & theming suppliers. We work with an ever-growing & impressive range of clients from well-known TV Shows, to Visitor Attractions, Corporate Clients, Weddings and Private Parties. We supply props and theming to over 2,000 events & bespoke projects each year.
Our headquarters near Wetherby house an Aladdin’s cave of props, furniture and theming, over 145,000 sq ft. Our State of the Art Scenic Production facility is one of the largest in the UK.
Would you like a driving job where no 2 days are the same? Would you enjoy being out on the road, visiting varied and interesting delivery locations all over the UK? Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering and setting up props and furniture and working with different clients? Are you looking for a career where you can develop and grow your skills?
Our drivers and installers are an integral and valued part of our team, we require the highest customer service levels, and pride ourselves on delivering a personable and high-quality service.
As this role will involve UK-wide travel on a frequent basis, we need someone with a flexible schedule who will be happy to turn up at any venue at any time with a smile on their face and a great attitude. You will need to have practical & people management skills as this is a very hands-on role with opportunities to run onsite crew at events. Having problem solving skills will come in very handy as this role will include making on-the-spot decisions and creative fixes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Safely operate 3.5 & 7.5 tonne vehicles to transport props, furniture & equipment to various delivery locations across the UK
• Load & unload props & furniture from the vehicle ensuring proper handling & securing of items to prevent damage
• Work closely with the client during install to ensure all installs are completed to an exceptional standard
• Collaborate with team members to coordinate delivery schedules, share relevant information, and ensure smooth operations.
• Perform routine vehicle checks, including inspecting tyres, brakes, lights, and fluids and report any issues or maintenance requirements
• Liaise directly with multiple event staff across varying positions & disciplines
• Be able to complete prop builds to a very high standard
• Strictly follow & comply with all health & safety rules at all times, ensuring RAMS are adhered to.
Please note: This role includes loading / unloading on a daily basis from our Warehouse in Wetherby, LS23 7FW. In order to comply with safe working procedures, applicants should live within no more than 30-40minutes commute of our location.
• Valid 7.5-tonne driving licence and proven experience operating such vehicles
• Excellent driving skills and a clean driving record, with a strong focus on safety and adherence to traffic regulations
• Physical fitness and ability to handle manual tasks, including loading and unloading heavy items
• Be able to travel regularly across the UK, staying overnight regularly where required
• Have a flexible schedule and be able to work frequent evenings, nights & weekends
• Personable with strong communication skills
• Exceptional eye for detail to ensure accurate delivery, installation, and setup of props and furniture
• Problem-solving skills to overcome challenges during deliveries or installations
Hours of work
Our standard contracts are Permanent full time 40+hrs, working 5 days over 7 – including weekends and overnights with regular overtime available in peak seasons. In addition we also pay for hotel stays and generous overtime rates for night shifts and over 40+ hours worked.
We also would consider part time applicants who may require more flexibility.
We recognise that our people are at the heart of our success, and we strive to create an engaging and collaborative working environment, where every team member feels valued.
• 22 Days paid holiday, plus Bank Holidays (rising to 25 days leave over 3 years)
• An additional Paid days leave on your Birthday
• Company Pension Scheme
• Excellent Kitchen facilities and break out area
• Annual team events, including Family & Friends day, and Staff Party
• Borrowing of props and décor for your own personal special occasions
• Free Parking on Site
£11.00-£12.50 per hour plus uplifts