JOIN THE FAMILY
EVERYTHING WE DO IS DESIGNED TO CREATE MOMENTS OF WOW
Established for over 19 years, EPH Creative is one of the UK’s leading event & theming suppliers. We work with an ever-growing & impressive range of clients from well-known TV Shows, to Visitor Attractions, Corporate Clients, Weddings and Private Parties. We supply props and theming to over 2,000 events & bespoke projects each year. Our headquarters near Wetherby house an Aladdin’s cave of props, furniture and theming, and our State of the Art Scenic Production facility is one of the largest in the UK.
Working under the Senior Product Designer, with the Design Director, the aim of this role is to develop and finalise initial production briefs, producing viable and effective designs and production build strategies. You would work closely with Project Managers / Sales Account Managers to provide design solutions, working closely with project stakeholders to provide design solutions using your varied skill set to help sell and design products.
Working closely with the Production Management Team, you represent a portion of all projects that involve design with production. You also support the other designers on the team, especially the Senior product Designer, helping on parts of projects when required.
You will be expected to manage multiple projects from start to finish, showing care and taking ownership for these. You must be able to take responsibility for your designs and be accountable for the decisions made. This is a role where you must be organised, assertive and proactive while maintaining the respect of your peers and the production team.
This role requires a diverse product designer, it’s a hybrid of realising ideas, bringing them to reality, and also supporting the production teams throughout the build process with problem-solving solutions and your CAD skills.
You are naturally curious and eager to learn the diverse skillset of the various production teams. You actively seek out and develop the required knowledge to provide better design solutions.
Working with the Senior Product Designer and Production Management team to prepare the designs ready for production and the in-house fabrication team.
Alongside the projects team, you take ideas and nurture them right from the start and through to production, working with various design and production teams along the way. You have strong research abilities that accompany your project designs, providing support and in-depth details where required.
During the production process, liaise with in-house fabrication departments as required. Provide effective insight and explanation of the design elements/expected outcomes, including specific production methods and CAD files.
With every project, subjectively build a list of deliverables based on input from projects and production team insight. You are responsible for proposing the strategy for the build and deciding the deliverables in a way that best uses the time but confidently increases possibility of build success.
Previous Product Design capabilities is essential, ideally 2-3 years of relevant experience. Experience in prop and furniture design is advantageous.
• Proficiency with Solidworks, MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Sketchup required.
• Concept design skills, creating visualisations of products using 3D software such as Solidworks and Sketchup then refining these with the Adobe Creative suite with a focus on Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Product design skills, preparing ideas for production in our on-site factory.
• Concepts must be viable and fit for purpose, considering available production methods and the complete company intentions of the product.
• Effectively present designs at all stages of the design process using visual representations, presentations and discussions with clients.
• When required, reverse engineer products for the stock and production team. Providing support to the production team in the form of 2D vectors for CAM and 3D CAD files.
• The ability to multitask, be proactive, and able to work on own with minimal guidance.
• Strong knowledge of the design process, including colour and materials, furniture systems, FF&E, and specifications.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and manage daily tasks for you and fellow staff.
• Strong communication skills required to demonstrate design ideas and direction, both verbally and graphically.
• Ability to work on multiple projects quickly and simultaneously while maintaining quality and service.
Please submit your application with a covering letter and provide links to a portfolio of work. Applications without this will not be processed.
Hours of work
Usual office hours are 8am – 4.30pm or 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. We are looking for part time or full time applicants who are interested in this role. Minimum 4 days a week- 30-40hrs.
We recognise that our people are at the heart of our success, and we strive to create an engaging and collaborative working environment, where every team member feels valued.
• 22 Days paid holiday, plus Bank Holidays (rising to 25 days leave over 3 years)
• An additional Paid days leave on your Birthday
• Company Pension Scheme
• Excellent Kitchen facilities and break out area
• Annual team events, including Family & Friends day, and Staff Party
• Borrowing of props and décor for your own personal special occasions
• Free Parking on Site
£24,000 - £30,000 (salary flexible dependent on experience)