Joinery & Fabrication Supervisor
JOIN THE FAMILY
EVERYTHING WE DO IS DESIGNED TO CREATE MOMENTS OF WOW
Established for over 19 years, EPH Creative is one of the UK’s leading event & theming suppliers. We work with an ever-growing & impressive range of clients from well-known TV Shows, to Visitor Attractions, Corporate Clients, Weddings and Private Parties. We supply props and theming to over 2,000 events & bespoke projects each year.
Our headquarters near Wetherby house are an Aladdin’s cave of props, furniture and theming, over 145,000 sq ft. Our State of the Art Scenic Production facility is one of the largest in the UK.
As a result of company growth, we are now recruiting for Joinery & Fabrication Supervisor to play an integral role in our Production Team.
The role demands the proficiencies of a highly skilled joiner, building new props & repairing existing stock to exacting specifications. It will also involve working closely with the Production Manager to assess, supervise and quality check the output of the Joinery Team. You will need to have the highest standards of quality control and a keen eye for detail carrying out thorough assessments on every piece of work created. You should be able to take on projects and manage multiple tasks with a good level of autonomy. You will be able to work on a diverse range of projects and your joinery skills will need to be at the highest level. You will need to be able to solve problems quickly & come up with unique & creative solutions.
At EPH Creative we pride ourselves on providing an environment where our employees are happy to come to work, and where truly no two days are the same.
The Events industry is notoriously last minute & you will need to sometimes work to tight deadlines to meet client demand. You will need to be able to keep a calm head in sometimes pressurised situations while keeping a clear outlook. This role may include some site visits for fit outs & installs, you should have a flexible approach to your schedule at certain times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing workflow within the Joinery Team and aligning with Production pipeline / client deadlines
• Delegation of tasks/jobs to the Joinery Team
• Quality check and assessment of Joinery Team output
• Monitoring stock levels of materials & tools, liaising with the Purchasing team to ensure sufficient availability
• Liaising closely with Production Scheduler & Production Manager, communicating adeptly to enable efficient task completion
• Liaising closely with Design Team on technical information for builds
• Ensuring efficiencies of Joinery Team by monitoring of completion times
• Complete new prop builds working from design specifications ensuring best practice is followed
• Keep to rigorous Health & Safety standards at all times & reporting any accidents, near misses or incidents.
• Support the wider needs of the company by flexible working &/or taking on additional duties at peak times
Skills / attributes required:
• Ideally 5+ years of skilled joinery experience
• Supervisory experience
• Experience managing a production pipeline
• Excellent communication skills
• Task oriented and results focused
• Fine joinery & precision skills
• Scenic Joinery experience an advantage
• CNC experience an advantage
• Skills in working with additional materials i.e. fiberglass or metalwork an advantage
Hours of work
We recognise that our people are at the heart of our success, and we strive to create an engaging and collaborative working environment, where every team member feels valued.
• 22 Days paid holiday, plus Bank Holidays (rising to 25 days leave over 3 years)
• An additional Paid days leave on your Birthday
• Company Pension Scheme
• Excellent Kitchen facilities and break out area
• Annual team events, including Family & Friends day, and Staff Party
• Borrowing of props and décor for your own personal special occasions
• Free Parking on Site
Negotiable, Dependant on Experience.